Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 1 of Mexico Experience- John Miller


We met at the church at early o'clock, and I was immediately reassured in my decision to come on this trip. If not for anything else, I love these people.
The bus ride up was not very eventful. There was a lot of very loud singing, and dancing, and sleeping, and laughing. We listened to Crazy Love chapter 7 on the audiotape, which I thought was a nice method. I felt like we all opened up and shared what was significant in the chapter, and it's very reaffirming to know that I am not going through this journey alone. Many of my peers are struggling with similar things and we are all learning together.
Breakfast and lunch were standard for these trips--nothing terrible unordinary to report.
When we got to Mexico (this is my first time here), I got really excited to be here. I thanked God for this opportunity, and I hope that I continue to pray for His will constantly throughout the rest of the trip.
Dinner was a lot of fun. Some of the Spanglish was hilarious, like "six tacos and dos drinks." I had a taco with tongue.
We did some worship, and I felt like we gave the worship up to God. Then we discussed the journals we did today (about obsessions), and a lot of people seemed to open up, which was refreshing and comforting. Finally we got ready for bed.
I'm feeling overwhelmed with gratefulness with what God has given me and motivation to apply what I'm learning to my everyday life. I pray that He will change our hearts and actions.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

omg...cow tounge tacos are good!!!!!haha it was hard talking to everyone i just used hand motions...and pointed to stuff

Post a Comment