Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 3-Jacob Maul


Today in Mexico we went to the orphanages and it hit me hard how much I take for granted. I met this kid in the second orphanage his name was Ryan he was showing me his bed and how he had more blankets then everybody else and it showed me how much we don't notice the small things he was excited about the necessities and we don't even think about those things. Ryan and I believe was a very content kid he loves God he told me and he love playing with the Americans, he also told me that he LOVES chips he would eat any kind of chips i gave him. I also got this kid his name was Jesus i was helping him stay focused and eat his burger but he was so happy and we couldn't sit still and he was playing with the other kids instead of eating his lunch.
After the orphanage we went to the trenches and got to give food to the people down deep in the trenches and visit them see how they live. The people that we visited had tiny houses the size of a shed and there was at least four people in each house and then it made me feel bad about having so much and it made me feel like I wanted to give it to them and trade lives with them for a while just for them to see what it is like to live how they live.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How blessed I am by all the hard work you guys are doing and seeing how God is working in your hearts while you are there. Still praying for all of you and everyone you are ministering to.

Post a Comment