Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 1 of Mexico Experience- Lexi Willson


At 5:30 this morning, our Mexico team departed to Tijuana, Mexico with heavy hearts ready to serve our God. There are a few memorable moments from this trip I would like to share with you all...
--At around 7:30 this morning one of our vans' tires blew up as we were driving on the freeway. Tony had to drop all of us that were in his van off at a nearby Starbucks so he could attend to the blown up tire. The tire was fixed, and within the next hour we were on the road.
--As we reached the border, two of our vans were stopped by border control. After we stopped, they proceeded to go to the back of the van, open the door and check things out. After that, they asked the driver of the car questions such as, what are you doing in Mexico and how many people are present in the car. After the questions were answered, we continued on with our journey Tijuana!
--This is my first year in Mexico, so I experienced my first taco at Super Taco. Some of the students thought it would be funny to play a "freshman" joke on me. Before I was going to pay, I was told that I could not pay in dollar bills and I was supposed to exchange my dollar bills for pesos when we were getting our insurance before we reached the border. Because this is my first time in Mexico, I did not know any better and believed them wholeheartedly. They had me going for maybe 5 minutes when suddenly they all started bursting out in laughter and I realized that I had just been tricked. Nevertheless, it was a very fun time and I felt very welcomed.

We thank you all for your prayers and support during the preparation of this trip! We just ask you to please to continue to pray for us throughout the week for our safety, to be as selfless as possible, and for us to having serving hearts, and to help spread the good Word of Jesus Christ!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

lexi was is half of 12

Post a Comment